The art of the wolf
Hello! Apparently you have not yet joined the fun of mastering the Art of the Wolf, would you like to join the fun? If so, click on 'Register' or 'Log in' if you have already made an account! We'd love for you to join!

Until next time,
Wolfy
The art of the wolf
Hello! Apparently you have not yet joined the fun of mastering the Art of the Wolf, would you like to join the fun? If so, click on 'Register' or 'Log in' if you have already made an account! We'd love for you to join!

Until next time,
Wolfy
The art of the wolf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The art of the wolf

Learn, practice, and master the art of the wolf.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Affiliates
free forum
Our First Campfire 311ql29

Our First Campfire

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfy
Wolfy the Wolf
Wolfy the Wolf
Wolfy

Our First Campfire Empty
PostSubject: Our First Campfire   Our First Campfire I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 11:41 am

"Welcome to the first campfire!" A white grey wolf with two black lines under each eye says to you. Her paws are pitch black as well as her ears.

"Now, I will tell you a mild tale to start of our campfire. Now, wolves, gather round the campfire!"

With the soft orange glow of the fire reflecting in her eyes and lighting up her fur, the white wolf begins her story.
---

There is a tale, that has been passed on for generations in the Kar family. It says that if any Kar wolf descendant steps foot on the forbidden army's ground, they will be burned. The story of why?

Richard, a youth in his prime, was a strong Kar wolf from the past. He was a general for one of the great armies that fought for good. He was wise for his age but also sometimes foolish when he got a little too self confident. The army he was fighting for was in war against another great army, called the Wild Warriors. One night, after working hard on battle plans, Richard heard the paw steps of an army of a thousand wolves. As he lifted his head up to the sound, he saw many a wolves trotting down the lane to their base. He snarled- for it was the Wild Warriors. Richard stood up proudly and howled to his army, and they all rushed out to his side. They were no match for the larger army. But there was time for them to get reinforcements. The Wild Warriors were more than a few hours away. So Richard called to a messenger wolf. "Go to the head commander and tell him that the Wild Warriors are on the horizon, and tell him to send reinforcements! Tell his warriors to bring the light! HURRY!" The messenger, cowering in fear, nodded and bolted away.

It was not long before the entire army of good was assembled. The bravely met the Wild Warriors. And they won. It was the war that determined the turning point for the good wolves. They captured six generals of the opposing army and killed and wounded about 300 of the Wild Warriors. Richard stood in front of the six generals, bloody and blinded in one eye, and smirked. "You have met your end!" The generals were all huddled together on a huge rock. Dead grass and plants were piled around them. A wolf carried a torch in his mouth as Richard stared at him. "Light it to fire! So everyone knows of our victory!" But the Wild Warriors knew how to curse. As the small wolf with the fire set the dead plants ablaze, the oldest of the generals shouted over the roaring fire. "Very well! But if any of the Kar wolves step foot on this burned war land, they will be set a flame like us!" Before the wolves knew what had happened, the flames from the rock scorched the ground around them. It started to spread all over the battlefield. Only half of the wolf army had come to the rock. All but one died. The flames engulfed the small torch carrier wolf, and mangled all of the other wolves to unimaginable shape. Richard was the only one who got away- with a burned tail and lame hind leg, he ran with the flames at his heels. He would pass on the legend.

As Richard stepped paw out of the battleground, a strange voice whispered on the wind- "Never step again". Richard told the tale to the rest of the army, and when they returned to the field the next day, the ground was scorched and the air was thick with smoke, and everything was rusted and covered in ash. When a wolf who was not of the Kar family investigated the rock, she reported that there were no bodies whatsoever.

Richard lived long despite his injuries, but eventually died. Now if any Kar wolves step foot there, they will die in flames.
Back to top Go down
https://taofw.forum.st
Eduardo
Trainees
Trainees
Eduardo

Our First Campfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our First Campfire   Our First Campfire I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:17 pm

This is exactly what a scary story should sound like. The story scared Spirilite Lockley!
Back to top Go down
Wolfy
Wolfy the Wolf
Wolfy the Wolf
Wolfy

Our First Campfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our First Campfire   Our First Campfire I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 3:57 pm

Thank you! I try to make my stories unique.
Back to top Go down
Eduardo
Trainees
Trainees
Eduardo

Our First Campfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our First Campfire   Our First Campfire I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 1:16 am

Your welcome! You don't try to make your stories unique, you do make them unique.
Back to top Go down
Wolfy
Wolfy the Wolf
Wolfy the Wolf
Wolfy

Our First Campfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our First Campfire   Our First Campfire I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:41 am

How nice! Thank you! Smile

The white wolf smiles at you. "Here's a milder one to ease your nerves."

If any Kar wolf does approach the old battleground, Richard's old ghost will send a chill down their spine. He will whisper the legend in their ear, and then screech, "Leave now!" If any Kar wolf is smart enough to know to run, they will get out of there. Only the most foolish of Kar wolves will still be tempted to step upon the battleground. So far, no Kar wolf has ever stepped there, and for good reason.

"Quite short, I know, but ease yourself with the knowledge that you are not a Kar wolf- or that your great grandfather will warn you."
Back to top Go down
Eduardo
Trainees
Trainees
Eduardo

Our First Campfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our First Campfire   Our First Campfire I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:27 am

You're welcome!
Spirilite says, "I was so scared, then you eased my nerves."
Back to top Go down
Wolfy
Wolfy the Wolf
Wolfy the Wolf
Wolfy

Our First Campfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our First Campfire   Our First Campfire I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:30 pm

The whit wolf grins. "I am glad so. But perhaps the next tale I tell you will send more shivers down your spine? Should I tell it?"
Back to top Go down
Eduardo
Trainees
Trainees
Eduardo

Our First Campfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our First Campfire   Our First Campfire I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:07 am

Spirilite grins and says, "Go ahead my wolf friend." He is prepared for the scariest story. He knows how scary the storyteller tells stories. "I am prepared for the scariest story, go ahead and tell me," says Spirilite.
Back to top Go down
Wolfy
Wolfy the Wolf
Wolfy the Wolf
Wolfy

Our First Campfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our First Campfire   Our First Campfire I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:36 pm

"Alright." The white wolf says softly. Suddenly the fire light dies and all you can see is the reflection of her yellow eyes. She snarls menacingly, her white teeth gleaming in the faint light of the dying embers. You quiver and back away. "Be ready for a very, tail tingling story."

Just yesterday a young wolf was drinking from the stream all wolves drink from. While he was gulping down water his friend was hiding in the bushes, ready to surprise him. The sun was dying on the horizon. The wolf's friend decided to wait until there was no more light in the sky to scare her friend. As the wolf's friend left the stream, a dark yellow streak flashed by the river. The wolf hiding heard her friend scream. All of a sudden her friend's head was pressed to the ground in front of the bush she was hiding in. Her friend opened his mouth to call out to her, but all that came out was blood. Steel claws pressed into her friends skull and blood poured out. The young wolves eyes rolled into his head and a haughty laugh echoed through the night. The dead wolf's friend wisely backed away as metal teeth hungrily pulled her friend's flesh from his bones. As she ran away, the laughter grew louder, and louder, and louder.
The next morning an elder wolf went to the stream to drink. When he got to the water's edge, he gasped. The water was stained pink from blood. He howled for the pack, who followed the stream to it's source. The young she wolf who had watched her friend's murder was astonished when she saw what was tainting the water. There, lodged in between two rocks, was her friend's mangled body. Flesh and uneaten guts were strewn upon the shore and rocks. In the distance, a haughty laughter rang out, and the she wolf shivered.

"The young wolf who saw the murder of her friend is someone you know very well- Shania. Sad to say this is not a tale. It happened just yesterday. " The white wolf said solemnly as the last spark of fire was blown off.
Back to top Go down
Eduardo
Trainees
Trainees
Eduardo

Our First Campfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our First Campfire   Our First Campfire I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:54 pm

"Holy wolves," screams Sprilite. He is scared to his guts. He thinks about the tragic story, and begins to get scared. "Sorry about the loss," Spirilite tells Shania. He feels bad for the incident.
Back to top Go down
Wolfy
Wolfy the Wolf
Wolfy the Wolf
Wolfy

Our First Campfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our First Campfire   Our First Campfire I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Shania flicks her ears absently. "Mmm. It's alright." The white wolf hangs her head and slowly trots away from the dead fire. Shania turns away and motions for Spirilite to follow. The campfire was over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our First Campfire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our First Campfire   Our First Campfire I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our First Campfire
Page 1 of 1